A COVID-19 Update from Aspire’s Managing Director
The health and well-being of our clients, care teams, team leaders and office staff is our priority during the uncertainty that we are all facing due to the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We understand that for our clients and their family members, these are very worrying times. We want to reassure you by sharing the measures we are taking to ensure the continued safety of our clients and colleagues.
We committed to reducing and minimising the transmission of infection and understand that we have a responsibility to ensure all of our staff follow protocols to prevent the spread of infection. We continue to support our clients as best as we can during this incredibly challenging time.
We are ensuring that all our care teams follow best practice by:
- Wearing disposable aprons and gloves for every single visit.
- Washing of hands with soap and water when entering and leaving each client’s home and before providing care.
- Ensuring they cover their mouth and nose with a tissue if sneezing or coughing and disposing promptly and with care.
- Complying with social distancing & avoiding unnecessary travel.
- All staff will comply with government protocols to self-isolate should they or a member of their household show any symptoms.
- Our Senior Managers have reviewed and tested our business continuity plans and we continue to frequently review our staffing levels and service provision daily.
- We will prioritise care for all our clients which been risk-rated based on their vulnerability.
- We utilise Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to safely provide care to clients that have symptoms associated with or have been diagnosed with the virus.
Main Signs to look out for with Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) & How to prevent it from spreading?
The main signs are fever (high temperature) and a persistent cough as well as shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
It is advised to avoid visiting elderly relatives; if you do, then you must keep at least 2 metres distance, and thoroughly wash your hands for 20 seconds as soon as you come in and before leaving.
As the situation evolves, Aspire UK will continuously seek advice from Public Health England, the UKHCA and the local governing bodies across Leicester and Leicestershire, ensuring all our teams have up to date information.
How our office staff are staying COVID-safe.
Our office staff are equally vigilant in their good hygiene practices and are doing their utmost to keep office premises free from infection. This includes daily deep office cleaning, and not having unnecessary meetings or visitors to the premises in the meantime. It may also be necessary for staff to work from home at times, including if staff are self-isolating for any reason.
Please be assured that we will be operating throughout this current situation as normal as possible. You will be able to contact us on the usual numbers included in your Customer Guide whether the staff are in the office or working elsewhere and they will continue to be happy to speak with you.
Our commitment has always been to provide the highest level of care and support to our clients and employees.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.